Saturday, July 12, 2008

Taking Our Leave

*sigh* I love this. It’s so pretty here.

We’re on our way out of the Highlands and down South and East to Blair Castle and then to Edinburgh. I’m watching the mist and mountains and streams pass by the windows and all the pretty things while Anne gives up the history of the monarchy and parliament in England. It’s really interesting but if I tried to retain it all my head would probably expode. In fact, I’m surprised her head doesn’t explode from all the history contained in her skull.

Wow, surprisingly few rulers in England have actually been English, as opposed to Welsh, Danish, Scots, etc. Huh.

And we’ll be in Edinburgh for Saturday night! Pubs, clubs, bars! That don’t close at 11! Gods, it’ll be awesome. We’re only in Edinburgh for 2 nights, but hey. Better than Castleton, and still in Scotland! Although not in the highlands, unfortunately. Ah well, at least Blair Castle is, so we’ll have a little more time here.

I really love the Highlands, and the Gaellic language is so pretty, although too harsh for my tongue. Not even harsh, just odd. Ach aye bonny wee lass o’er thar with the heeland coos.

I prefer the ocean in Mullion to the ocean we’ve seen in Skye and Scotland. The staidness of the lochs and inlets and softly lapping waves doesn’t compare to the crashing in Cornwall. Then again, the cliffs don’t beat the misty crystal mountains and streams constantly falling down. Pity that it’s all mild (yay!) but never really hot.

But it’s all gorgeous!

Lah.

Pink is Blair.

No comments:

Post a Comment