Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Family and Prettiness.

The Lake District. Nothing special and yet, pretty and peaceful. We ended up skipping Lindisfarne (the true home of the cannibalistic monks, not St Mike’s Mount) and came straight here from Rosslyn. We’re sharing the (nice large) cabin with Blair’s Granny and her friend, both of whom I like so far.

The drive was meh as expected, stressful as ever but okay due to my ever-present friend Kava Kava, music, and sleeping. Like I said though, it’s peaceful here, humid and warm. I don’t know if we have any specific purpose in being here: I almost hope not because I just want to chill and avoid people. I’m just so tired, body mind and soul.

We watched The Beach earlier: excellent, excellent, excellent. Leo diCaprio will never be my favourite person but he’ll always be an amazing actor. It was one of those rollercoaster movies, leading you around by your heart. He was CRAZY! Not a heartthrob, CRAZY!!

Luckily, after we turned it off, Life or Something Like It was on, which I haven't seen for years and was just as (or at least had somewhat as much, this late at night) emotion, but with the bonus of knowing there's a happy ending, which I needed. I really needed the happy feel-good shit to chill me out and send me to sleep with, especially since even knowing she lives it's intense.

You know, I'm really lucky to have the people around me in my family. Al the laughter and freedom and happiness, all those moments where we're ourselves and we accept each other. Even Kell and I, we have our problems but in the end we accept one and other complete with faults and I wouldn't trade it.

I think about how much I miss my family now and I think of how much I'll miss them when I'm gone to Van. I wanna make sure the little time in between is as awesome as it gets. And I keep forgetting to include Christian in the family because he tries to be quiet, but it's him too.

All of them... I love them.

Although right now, certain parts of me are informing me the miss a certain aspect of my relations with Kell most.

Heh.

Lah.

Pink is Blair.

No comments:

Post a Comment