Saturday, July 05, 2008

Scotland!

Wow. Scotland.

If Mullion was pretty, this is stupendous. We’re surrounded by… Not mountains exactly but huge rolling hills. Everything is painted in shades of green, and even the pines and other conifers are all bright pretty green, not the drab colour I’m used to in Canada. And the lakes--lochs?--sparkle grey-blue. It just goes on forever, gorgeous and barely touched by the harsh fingers of man. The road(s) are swallowed by the vastness of the beauty.

Apparently, the population use to be 5x even what it is today, b4 they all got chucked out by the lowland Scots and the English.

And here we are in Glencoe. For a place so untouched by man, it’s got a pretty long bloody history. Guess the Mother takes it all back in the end, regardless of the winners.

Oooh, a sithen!

I love it here, and I mean I LOVE it here. It actually reminds me of BC, but MORE and more untouched.

That could be Ysanne’s cottage by the lake. Mm, smell the loveliness and the rain.

Wow, look at those waterfalls. They look so clear and tiny, just a trickle, but I have a feeling distances can be deceiving here. And everything is misty. If I could, I’d be sticking my head out the window like a dog with my tongue lolling out.

Oooh, I like the poofy-looking cotonny plant things!

Remind me to put out food for the fae. We forgot the plate out with the Faeries… <3

Lah.

No comments:

Post a Comment