Thursday, January 27, 2005

The Earth is our Mother, she gives and she takes...

MistWeaver: Just a quick update before I go in to do my test.
Voice In The Mist: Hopefully followed by a longer one afterwards?
MW: Hopefully.

Okay, so here's the deal. I have my Social Studies final exam in an hour. Because it's exam week, I don't have school unless it's exams, so I'm leaving to be driven into my exam in about 10 minutes.

My greatest fear: That I fail this test. Or just barely pass. Why? Because a lot of my mark rests on this test. And Mr Morris, my teacher, is well-known for giving super hard and/or deceptively easy tests. That you do badly on, no exception. Unless you're Monica or Cullen. Then we hate you.

I try really hard, but I can't seem to do that great on my tests no matter what. It's even worse for essays. I listened to the comments on the last one and tried really hard to improve. And I thought that I had, until I got back my essay and realized that I did worse than before.

And all last night and this morning I was plagued with worries and random bad thoguhts, centering on the idea that I would miss or be late for my final, at 1230. I also had straneg dreams last night, but they didn't have anything to do with the test. They did contribute to my lack of sleep, however.

*sigh*

Anyways, so I'm a lot more calm now than I was earlier. This is in part to copious amounts of tea, Ryan, studying, Ryan again, and Within Temptation. Becs helped too, but it was more by making me feel bad for being so unconfident.

Thanks to Ryan and the song NeverEnding Story by Within Temptation, I realized/remembered that one test isn't the center of my life. It doesn't matter how important it is. My Mother is still the Earth.

Since I'm running short on time, I'll just copy what Ryan said and complete the rest later.

Ahhh don't have time. Just got bombarded with good news. Ttyl.

MistWeaver

1 comment:

  1. its great that you did amazing on the essay. Some other people might be hating you for that now. As your whole french class probally is too.

    And go ryan! I didn't mean to make you feel bad about being unconfident, just you always do good on tests and not to get freaked out. A study was done in 1996 or soemthing, and 97% of the kids who thought they would fail did. BEcasue of our human nature, the mind sticks on the word fail. and then we do.

    I love you and take care.

    ReplyDelete