Saturday, January 08, 2005

Talking With Mists Volume II

As I lay here in bed waiting for my laundry to finish and Brian to get back so that I can go take a shower, my mind drifts. For instance, you may have noticed that I changed the title of the blog from "The Misty Chronicles" to "The Chronicles Of That Misty Place". The truth is that I don't like either title. I need a new one. I liked yesterday's title, "Talking With Mists", but it's still not perfect. Over the next while, I may play around with the title a little to see what works. Feel free to comment with what you think!

I have a good half hour, so I'm gonna continue wheer I left off yesterday.

Voice In The Mist: What are you waiting for, then? What happened after he called his mother?
MistWeaver: She said no. She said that if Youth Group wasn't on, he had to do homework.
VITM: Homework? But he's always working!
MistWeaver: Yeah, I know. It bugs me too. But he told me that I could still hang out if I wanted to, even if he had to work.
VITM: Er... More fun, I take it?
MistWeaver: Yuh huh. Truly. But as we were walking back, he told me that he had an idea.
VITM: An idea?!? Mark the calendars! Set your clocks!
MistWeaver: Your sarcasm is not appreciated.
VITM: Sorry.
MistWeaver: Anyways. If I may continue? His idea was that we help her work on her art show that was coming up instead.
VITM: Did she agree?
MW: Yup! We used her paper cutter and cut cards and backings for her. I got picked up around the same time I normally would have and all we did was talk for the last 20 minutes or so.
VITM: More talking. Whoop dee doo.
MW: Hey! I like talking! Especially with people who are smart. And have a sense of humor. And...
VITM: Okay, okay. No need to jump on my back. We get the point. Is that it?
MW: Nah, I also got a hug. Oh yeah, and Micheline paid me for working for her. 7 bucks an hour! I made 15 bucks.
VITM: Guess it wasn't a total loss then.
MW: It wasn't a loss at all! I had a great time! Plus I'm going to the art show. It's to raise money for charity.
VITM: Oh, tsunami relief funds?
MistWeaver: Nuh uh. She's been planning this for over a month. It's tonight, actually. I should leave in about an hour.

There you have it, folks! After I get back from the art thing, I may add more on the events.

MistWeaver

No comments:

Post a Comment