Sunday, November 21, 2004

Time Travel, Apologies, and a Lost Younger Brother

First things first: Apologies! I haven't written in nearly a week and I apologize profusely. I've been majorly slacking off, and I don't regret it a single eensy weensy bit. Ava and Mama told me and told me to take a break, and though I've figured that break would come in Decemver, I was so totally wrongL fate had other plans for me.

A trip in time seems to be in order. I last wrote (if you'd even call it that) on Wednesday. I'll start at the Thursday before that, then. Ill post them as separate posts so that I don't take up as much room. That's me, ever the conservative one!

And so, on to my Thursday: I took advantage of Remembrance Day (no school!), and slept til 2 pm. Or somewhere close to that. Then, I descended to The Room Where Time Does Not Pass (aka Brian's basement). And wrote. Until 5 30 pm. I was only interrupted once, around 3 or so, when Mama came down and asked if I had any idea were my brother was.

Then, at 5 30, Mama came down again and asked me to help clean the house, for lo and behold! Mme. Ava was coming to visit for the Redwood art show. I graciously agree to donate my time and effort, of course, and happily folded clothes with neither hesitation nor complaint.

And if you believe that you're dumber than I expected. Who am I kidding? I bitched like no tomorrow for having my mad writing spree interrupted, but did helped anyway because Mama already works too hard and could use the help. Then I went downstairs and had a break for another hour. I got hungry as I was startin' up the ol' motor again for another mad writing spree and decided that since my brother was still nowhere to be found, perhaps Mumsy would be open to food suggestions. I easily convinced her to go out for dinner since we had nothing to eat but toast and we were running out of that, too.

Being the dutiful and caring mother she is, though, she insisted that we find Kai first. He tends to disappear at his friends' houses often and for long periods of time, so up until then we hadn't really worried. He should have been home by then, though. So we (meaning I) called up Millerville and called up my father and basically asked around. Funny thing is, no one answered their damned phone! I left plenty of messages. At that point, Mama remembered that he had possibly gone to Lethbridge with his friend for the weekend. So armed with that knoledge (or assumption), we headed off into the big bad world... Bragg Creek.

And had a very nice dinner at a nice restaurant. And then went home. The end, or as much as I can remember of it.

Next up: Friday and possibly more!

MistWeaver

No comments:

Post a Comment