Saturday, November 06, 2004

"They're taping the bunny to the bottom of the desk. Am I the only one who finds this just a TAD suspicious?"

WOO! I'm done my word count for the day. All I need to do is catch up on the word count for the rest of the days I've missed. Roughly calculated, that's... let's see... six times three... 18000 words. DAMMIT. I'm done less than half that. Well, I guess I'll just have to write a shitload more today and a shitload more tomorrow. And then write a shitload more over the 4-day weekend next week. And still not fail in school. And still keep my friends.

Shit.

But for now, I'm taking a break from the world of Lunai, Pendis, Darcy and Jared. And speaking of Jareds, let's talk about Friday.

First in Friday's schedule was, of course, the announcements. I'm assuming that since I can't remember anything about them, they must have gone okay and unremarkably. Next was French. Jared and this dude named Evan hadn't yet presented their skit that we had to do (remember my puppets?). So we all waited for them to set up and I wrote more of my novel while I waited. Their set-up was making me intensely curious, though. They appeared to be attempting to tape a stuffed bunny to the bottom of a desk. I looked around, but no one else seemed to notice anything out of the ordinary. I watched them struggle a while longer and wished that I still carried duct tape around with me. It would help them a lot, because the scotch tape obviously wasn't working. Then again, Jared and Evan weren't exactly using long pieces. Finally I couldn't stand it. I turned the the chick (Jen, I think. Most of the girls in my class are completely interchangeable) next to me and said 'am I the only one who finds the taping of the bunny to the bottom of the desk the slightest bit suspicious?'

Evidently I was, because she just gave me the look they all reserve for me ('The Weird One Who Actually Speaks French') and was like 'I think it's a pig or something, not a bunny'. I was already regretting having shared my thoughts, and I said 'pig, bunny... whatever' and turned back to my novel. Why are the only interesting people (besides Lindsay and Katie) in my French class male? And why do they all sit across the room? At the very least, I could talk to Richard or Jared. But nooooo. The first thing Mrs. Comba did after I joined the class was put me next to the other dude who could (apparently) speak french. I was in the middle of all the guys and they were actually nice to me, even though I was younger and TWOWASF. Then, after the dude dropped out of school, she decided she was going to change around the seating plan. Okay, that sounds fair, right? Yeah, I was the only one she moved. All the way across the room.

The skit turned out to be very weird, and I never did quite figure out why the stuffed pig or bunny or whatever was taped to the bottom of the desk.

Ta,

MistWeaver

No comments:

Post a Comment