Sunday, November 28, 2004

Bah.

Well, I'm something like 15 ooo words away from 50k. Needless to say, I'll be writing for a very long time tonight and tomorrow. I'm only taking a break so that I don't kill something.

By the way, 'Christmas With The Kranks' is a fucking AWFUL movie. There's one or two funny parts, and a totally awesome kid named Spike, but that's about it.

About my weekend: Later.

And I KNOW that the pictures don't work. My photo-hosting server has a rotating URL so the hyperlink only works for about ten minutes. I'll fix it some other time. If one more freaking person comes up to me and goes 'Yeah, your pictures aren't there", then I'll fucking kill them. I fucking swear, I will.

Jeez, I sound like Eminem. Am I stressed out? You fucking betcha. My calming music is helping, though. If you're ever really stressed out or mad, download 'In perfect Harmony' by Within Temptation. They're not available in Canada, so I feel no guilt whatsoever in downloading their music. When I save up enough, I'm buying all their albums from... Finland, was it? I forgot.

Woo. I am at peace.

This one's for all you smokers out there, though. Quit. Now. I know you've tried, or you've heard it, but please stop. I'm fucking sick of choking to death on disgusting-smelling smoke. My mother used to smoke like 2 packs a day. Then she quit. Then we moved here. Now she smokes cigars. Brian, the semi family member that lives with us occasionally (long story). He smokes. I hate it. I hate being in the car with him. I hate being in the basement with him, when he's smoking. I can't breathe. I hate it.

My best friend now smokes. She lives far away but she's probably going to come and visit for a month next summer. And live in my room. I don't want her to come visit so much anymore because she smokes. I can remember how we'd give each other hugs and inhale deeply because we each thought the other smelled wonderful. Do I want to do that anymore? Fuck no.

I'm surrounded by smokers. Yet I've still managed to survive this long without joining myself. Tempted? You betcha. Resisted? Easily. Do you think I deserve to die from secondhand smoke because I never chose to start smoking myself? Fuck no. I don't. I used to want to die around the age of 25. I'm no longer depressed, thankfully, and I don't anymore. Do I still deserve to die young after finally figuring out that life's worth living? And what about the other millions of non-smokers out there?

When I spoke harshly in the car on the way back from the theatre with Mama and Brian on the stupidity of smoking and how they didn't even have the courtesy of trying not to smoke around non-smokers (some do but most don't, in my experience), Brian got all pissy and snapped "Well then don't drive because that pollutes way more."

Yes, it does. But does driving accomplish something? You betcha. When you live in the country and it's winter 8/12 months, you need to be able to drive. What does smoking accomplish? Lets you be just like millions of other people in the world? Wow, you must feel real special. Besides, there are things you can do to help car pollution. In Montreal, I live on public transportation. In the country, there is none, so I take the bus to school and carpool as much as possible. When I (finally) get my liscense, I'm going to try as much as possible not to put excess pollution in the air. I decided that ages ago. Whaddaya know? I decided it around the same time I decided not to smoke.

How did this come up, you ask? It came up on the discussion of Ontario's new tobacco policy. Within two years, they're going to have no smoking in any public place, which means basically everywhere but private residences. Also, they can no longer display tobacco. That means that instead of huge walls or displays full of different kinds of smokes, they're all hidden in a back room and you have to ask for them. This will help a lot, I thought. Mama disagreed. She said that it's great that they're trying, but the government gets too much money from tobacco for it to be effective. I agree, but it pissed me off. What the fuck is wrong with our world?

And with that question, I'm off to write some more.

Bye.

MistWeaver

No comments:

Post a Comment