Thursday, December 30, 2004

Out On The Moonlit Floor...

Mood: Dreamy

Mmm..

Dance like you're home alone, dance like no one's watching.

Have you ever heard a song or saw a scene that made you just close your eyes and wish? Or close your eyes and let yourself be transported somewhere in your dreams?

The song "Kiss Me" by Sixpence None The Richer does that to me. It makes me want to close my eyes and twirl and imagine myself in a moonlit courtyard dancing and spinning alone with someone, just the two of us. He's a shadow, not someone I know, but then it doesn't really matter who it is, does it? Because that guy doesn't truly exist. Maybe once upon a time, but not anymore.

Still, that doesn't keep us from dreaming.

In case you don't know the song I'm talking about, let me just paste the lyrics. It is the lyrics I listen to, not just the girl's wistful voice.

Kiss me, out of the bearded barley

Lightly, beside the green, green grass
Swing, swing, swing the spinning step
You wear those shoes and I will wear that dress

Oh, kiss me beneath the milky twilight
Lead me out on the moonlit floor
Lift your open hand
Strike up the band and make the fireflies
Dance silver moon’s sparkling, so kiss me

Kiss me down by the broken tree house
Swing me upon its hanging tire
Bring, bring, bring your flowered hat
We’ll take the trail marked on your father’s map

Oh, kiss me beneath the milky twilight
Lead me out on the moonlit floor
Lift your open hand
Strike up the band and make the fireflies
Dance silver moon’s sparkling, so kiss me

Kiss me beneath the milky twilight
Lead me out on the moonlit floor
Lift your open hand
Strike up the band and make the fireflies
Dance silver moon’s sparkling...
So kiss me...
Don't stare at me like that. I do have estrogen running through my body. I am allowed to like an ultra feminine song every once in a while. And every once in a while, I'm allowed to put on my prettiest top and my peasant skirt, dim the lights, crank up the volume and just close my eyes and pretend. Pretend and dream.That is what this world is made of, truly. Dreams. Without dreams, there'd be no hope. And without hope, there'd be no joy. And that's when the world would really come to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment