Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Happiness is a warm kitty.

Who loves Ferrero Rochers? I DO!! Yell if you love em too! Yeah, you know it. Can't pronounce it, but can sure as hell eat it. We stopped at the drugstore, Micheline Ryan Kai and I, on the way back from the movie. I picked up chocolate. And Brian's Xmas gift. And gummy bears. And all I had on me was loonies and I wasn't sure if I had enough. Sure enough, I didn't. But Ryan paid for what I was missing, which was really sweet, especially since I'm not sure I would have had enough on my bank card left to cover it (xmas shopping kinda destroyed my savings).

Anyways.

I'm just back from my second movie night in a row. Amazing, I know. With Ryan, even.

You see, yesterday when we went to the theatre, we went to see Meet the Fockers. Unfortunately, when we got to the ticket booth, it turned out that it didn't open until the next day... aka today. So we went and saw National Treasure instead. And it was funny. And interesting. And I all around liked it. There was one line that really cracked me up, but I can't remember it. Which is why it is not in the title. Damn that messed up memory of mine. Oh, well.

So innyhoo. Later that night, after the movie, when we were waiting for my father to pick us up, he called his mother to let her know that he was still alive and she said that she'd take him to MtF the next night (tonight). He told me in case somebody wanted to accidentally show up. Actually, knowing Micheline, she probably invited me, but that's how he put it. And that's also how I ended up at the movies again tonight.

That's only the beginning of this tale, however. Buckle up, this is a long one.

First of all, my Headphone Earmuffs. That Ryan made. I kid you not. He freaking made them. IS THAT AWESOME OR WHAT? The name says it all. They're earmuffs. That are headphones. And WARM. Very warm. And they work well, too. Better than my old headphones. He sells them for 15 bucks apiece, folks! Buy a pair! They're really worth it!

I got mine for cheaper, because he made me a deal that I buy his movie ticket and he gives me the earphones free. Great deal, I think. Movies are only 10$. Kai bought a pair too, but he paid full price. No special deals for him... sucker.

Second of all, my TOTALLY AWESOME WICKED AYA COOKIE BOX. He told me when I got back from Bec's that he was working on an art project, and that I'd get to see it if I went to the movies. It turns out that the special art project was a tin, like the one I use to hold my famous cookies whenever I bring them places for people, except painted red with sunflowers on it with 'Aya Cookies' written on it. IS THAT NOT THE COOLEST THING YOU'VE EVER HEARD? And the sweetest, too. I mean, how many people do you know, guys especially, that would do something like that? I was--am--so utterly happy at this gift that I could barely speak. Even now, it still blows my mind. I'm sorry, but I never ever get cool handmade stuff, never mind cool handmade stuff that had thought put into it.

Okay, enough with the Ryan ranting. I'm sure all of you have concluded (rightly) that he's the awesomest dude in the world. I mean, everyone knows that 90% of all guys are stupid, but he's (as he puts it) in the other 20%. Hee hee.

Third of all. The title, the coolest thing today... the cat. The beautiful amazing adorable cat. That unfortunately belongs to Becs. You should all know that I've wanted a cat more than anything else in the world for the past two or three years. Of course, it's Becs that got one. Over the summer, actually. And if Papa didn't think all cats are inferior (though everyone else, even the allergic Brian, loves them), then we'd probably have one too. But that's not the point.

Bec's cat, Zues (yes, that's how she spells it), is huge, even though he's technically still a kitten. He's black, and insane. He claws, bites, and attacks everything that moves. And a habit I have is rubbing my feet in circles around each other. So this morning, while Becs slept like the dead, I was half asleep and automatically doing that when guess who! attacked my feet. I giggled, woke up more, and started moving them for him to attack. Eventually he got bored of the game and walked up me to my head, where he started nuzzling my hair. Then started purring. Loudly. Like a motor. And then (since it's so springy and curly and knotted and wool-y) he started gnawing at it and yanking it and clawing it. I, without looking, giggled again (me! giggling! can you imagine?) and reached up my hand to play with him. He attacked it, and then as I started petting and scratching him, started licking my forehead. He nuzzled a little more then walked to the other side of my head and lay down. No biting or scratching. He just lay down, purring all the while.

Eventually he curled up in to a little ball and lay there, purring while I scratched him all over. He moved once, rolling his head closer to his body. The purring was suddenly a lot louder. You see, I still hadn't moved the covers or even looked, so I couldn't know where he was or what he was doing, except by touch and sound.

I don't know how long we lay there, alone and silent, just me scratching and petting and him purring and eventually falling asleep. It felt like hours, but was probably only about 45 minutes total for the entire thing. All I kept thinking was 'Happiness is a warm cat', a quote from a Charlie Brown comic. That and how much I wanted to share this feeling of complete and utter contentment with someone. Becs was still dead to the world, and there was no one else that could possibly see and appreciate the scene, unless by some random coincidence Ryan or Gill ended up in Bec's house. They were, incidentally, the two people that came immediately to mind when I wanted to share the happy feeling I had.

Eventually I too grew sleepy and dropped my hand as his purring petered out amd he fell deeper into sleep. A few minutes later, he jumped suddenly and frenzied from his position, as if awakened from a bad dream and clawing my cheek in the process. This woke Becs up and that was the end of my yummy adventure into the world of warm cats and happiness.

I guess that I couldn't even really describe to Becs in words how it was for me, especially since she has a cat on her bed every day and I'm much better with the written word than the verbal one. So I guess that you guys, my readers, are the ones that I'm sharing this with. The simple pleasures in life are the yummiest. Some part of your holiday season, be it Hanukkah or Christmas or Kwanzaa, should include a simple joy like a warm cat, or even a hand-painted cookie tin.

Love and Harmony to all of you.

MistWeaver.

No comments:

Post a Comment