Friday, December 10, 2004

Stories from the Springbank Slut

Update!: Mama and Brian thought that I looked awesome when they picked me up at 4. Take that!


I would say that my vacation's officially over, but this weekend is going to be a flurry of activity, so I'm probably not going to be able to post anyway. So instead of making a promise I won't keep, I'm going to say that vay-cay's over on Monday, instead.

I suppose that you're wondering what's up with the title. In answer to your question, I'm going to take you back to a time, long long ago... In other words, this morning at 6 30 AM.

I went through my usual routine: swear at the clock, stumble into the shower, swear at the stupid clogged drain that always makes me end up standing in two feet of water, vow to unclog it soon, step out of shower onto towel so as not to ruin the floor any more than necessary, swear at the small towel that I've been using for the past month, vow to change it soon, stumble into my room, shiver and swear at my lack of clean laundry, vow to do some more soon... You get the picture.

Today is the annual charity hockey game at school, so we're going to be spending most of the day watching hockey in the freezing arena. I figured that a skirt was out of the question if I didn't want to freeze. I searched through the piles of clothes for a while and finally came out looking (in my opinion) pretty good: purple medieval fitted tank top, black pants rolled up to the knee over mock-fishnets (that means that they're full tights but they have the fishnet pattern on them) and my new boots: black, pointy, heeled, with three buckles over the top and totally sexy. So I go downstairs, start going about my daily routine, when my father comes downstairs. Nothing new about that. He comes around the corner, sees me, and stops dead.

"Oh my GOD! Don't you think that's a little much? You look like a *cough*slut*cough*!"

I kid you not. He even did the mock sneeze 'slut' thing. Then he started going on about how I looked like a skank and a hooker (saying the actual words in mock-sneeze-thing, of course), etc. When I just ignored him, concentrating on the doubts now niggling me in my head, he got all offended and said that he should be allowed to get a little upset over what his daughter was leaving the house wearing. Which is true, of course. But there's a little thing called 'tact'. And he's gotten uptight about what I've worn before, but Mama and I can judge what truly looks good on us. This time, not only was he four times as rude as he's ever been, but he was also just being plain mean. I mean, no matter what I'm wearing I will always look much classier than most of the chicks at school. When he suggested that Mama would make me change too, if she was awake, I said nothing but wondered what she would truly have said. He even went so far as to make (not subtle in the least) suggestions to either roll down my pants so the tights didn't show or change my shoes to non slut-shoes.

I had grabbed one of Kai's loose button-up shirts to throw over me and under my coat while I watched the game so as not to freeze, and it was to this and my coat I headed before leaving. He saw what I was picking up and assumed I had listened to reason and was covering myself up. Of course, when he realized it was Kai's shirt he got pissy for an entirely different reason.

I would just like to state right now that I don't look like a slut. I look good, I'm not showing any cleavage or midriff. And you'll see what finally convinced me of this in a minute.

One of the worst parts? He had the nerve to ask me if I`ve edited my novel and offered to lend me his expertise and go over it for me and then get mad when I gave him the evil eye. I have friends who freaking argued from the day I finished over who got to read it first, and he acts like I should be honored he offered. Not to mention the sad fact that I'm a better writer than he is. A much better writer.

I decided that I'd ask my friends at school abotu my clothing, who are thankfully honest with me, and if I really did look like a low-class hooker, I'd button up Kai's loose shirt over my top and just go like that the entire day. When I got to school, I asked a whole bunch of different people without telling them why. Not a single one said that I even looked close to bad. I even got a couple of compliments!

It is with great pleasure that I shed Kai's shirt and walk with pride down the halls of the school.

And now class is over, so until later!

MistWeaver

No comments:

Post a Comment