Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Craziness I Never Expected

Voice: You know, the funniest thing has been happening over the past month. You keep appearing here, opening your mouth, then fading away before you say anything.

Weaver: Every time I find a computer, open up a browser and start typing, something distracts me or I lose my focus.

Voice: Interesting. New topic. What's the craziness you never expected? Hey. Wait. Are you...

Weaver: I do NOT blush. Don't even suggest it.

Voice: Uh huh. Sure. Okay. No comment then. Continue.

Weaver: Yes, it's a boy. Yes, it was a date. Maybe even a date with no hanky-panky.

Voice: What's wrong with him?

Weaver: What kind of a question is that?

Voice: You never go for the normal guys. There's always something off about them.

Weaver: Like what?!?

Voice: Let's see. Jared (may he rest in peace) was an ugly yes-man overbearing greasy asshole. Jordan was not only a year or two younger than you, but turned out to have severe emotional problems and, last you spoke to him, was knee-deep in de Nile. Let's go back further, shall we? Chandler Mitchell--

Weaver: That's enough. I get the picture.

Voice: Well, then. Spill all. What do you not like about him?

Weaver: Okay, okay. For one thing, he's supremely clingy. Like, the past few days I've been in a pissy mood. An I-hate-everyone kind of mood.

Voice: Possible PMS?

Weaver: Possible. Anyways, so people have just been bugging me. And every time I turn around, he's there. And he expects to hold my hand or kiss me or something. And while normally I adore physical human contact, today and yesterday it's been like, can you spell NOT IN THE MOOD? But I feel bad, because I don't want to hurt his feelings or make him think I don't like him. Because I do. Very much. But I'm also very used to being a loner. And it's gonna take some getting used to, having a constant companion.


Voice: Possible to, oh, I don't know... TELL him this?

Weaver: Like I said, I don't want to hurt his feelings. Especially since there are some people that I absolutely love to hug, even when I'm in a shitty mood. And one of those people is male. Craig. I don't 'like' him, but I do like to hug him, and I know that it's just a tad hurtful when your cica wants to hug another dude, but not you.

Voice: It could be misconstrued...

Weaver: GAH! I just don't know what to do. *sigh* Why can't my boyfriend be a loner, like me? Why must he always STICK? Like Keira, almost.

Voice: Tsk, tsk. Getting picky, are we? All that time spent wanting a boy, and now that you have him you're realizing it's not as easy as it seems, being a good girlfriend.

Weaver: Man, even that word sounds strange when associated with me. I've never done this before, dammit. It's like rolling a joint. I know how. I've learned how, watched people until I turned blue. I can bid wonderfully. Light it, wet it, roach it... I can do all of those things super well, but I just can't roll the fricking thing. My fingers shake too much, and my fingers turn into strange sausage things. I can't get the practice I need, because whenever a joint needs to be rolled, there's always someone around who's better and eager to do it.

Voice: That was a pretty unusual (and complicated) analogy, I must say. But it sounds logical.

Weaver: And everyone has a freaking comment. Or a look. I'd love to spend more time with Emily, but she doesn't like him. Becca's been acting as weird as usual, and it almost seems like she's hitting on him sometimes. She invited herself along on our first date and interrupted the possible kiss at the end. Blair is fine with him because I'm fine with him, and I suppose she doesn't diss him any more than I diss Pisscrackers.... But dammit. I don't care about their opinions, and I'm certainly not going to stop dating him because one or two people don't like him. It's just that it's tiring, all these opinions. They know I'm chill with him no matter what they say, so why won't they just shut the fuck up? It's not that I dismiss their opinions as unimportant... it's just that everyone feels the need to add in their two cents, good or bad.

Weaver randomly fades, reappearing in the exact same spot a half hour later.

Weaver
: Huh. Sorry about that. Had to go eat dinner mid-rant. Lost the train of thought while I was down there, too. Ugh. I don't want to rant about Tristan's bad qualities anymore. He has just as many, if not more, good qualities.

Voice: So is your rant going to change track, then?

Weaver: No, I don't feel like ranting about those, either. I dwell too much on things. He makes me happy and he's not psycho. He may look enough like a serial killer to have earned him the nickname, but he's an awesome sweet dude. So, on that note, I shall leave you, Mists. Harmony!

Lah.

No comments:

Post a Comment