Sunday, May 14, 2006

Tribute To A Mother.

Weaver: I just wanted to add a note about how much my mother rocks. She's not a common topic of conversation in the mists, but she is an amazing, wonderful person. I love her with all my heart and soul, and I want the world to appreciate how amazing she is. This is a picture of my mommy. She also makes amazing jewelry. Unfortunately, the picture is in black and white, so said jewelry is not in detail. Of course, one could visit her website to see it... http://www.tskreed.com. But anyways. I'm not here to promote her jewelry. I'm here to tell why my mother is so amazingly cool.

For starters, in the horrible divorce proceedings going on, she has persevered despite the enormous amounts of crap my father has put her through. She's managed to keep even my puberty-hitting brother fed when Fil refused to give us money to eat on. She's forging ahead with her own business, despite the pressure to forget the whole idea and get an entry-level position at some unknown corporation. She's been accused of ruining her children, sleeping around, being a disgrace to her family, being a coldhearted bitch and worse things by individuals better left unnamed (coughfilbriancough), when all she did was try and care for people. She's been beaten, abused, and thrust into horrible situations.

But you know what? She's still here to talk about them. She's still persevering, still hasn't become a bitter witch from the hand life's dealt her. And today is Mother's Day. My mother hasn't only been a mother to myself and my brother. She's been a supporter and a caregiver for just about everybody she's ever met, at some point. That's a pretty hard thing to do, and sometimes I can feel the despair in her heart, the thoughts that it might never get better, the realization that she's lived her life for other people. She's the one who deserves to be pampered. I've been home all morning, and I haven't heard the phone ring once from one of her friends, her relatives, to wish her so much as "Happy Mother's Day". Brian's been living with us three years now. Last year, she gave him the whole Father's Day shebang, because his kids live three provinces away. And what did he do this morning? Came upstairs, said he was going out, and left. Not so much as a thank-you-for-taking-me-in-all-this-time.

Now tell me. Is any of that fair?

I think not.

So here's to my mother. Here's to Thelia Darlene Foster. An amazing woman, and one deserving of much more than she has.

Life's not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain. I don't know when this storm will pass, but you've been dancing so much that we're all soaking wet. And today, why don't you come inside and let yourself be wrapped in a warm blanket? Have a hot cup of whiskey-laced hot chocolate thrust into your hands. And get heated from the inside with the knowledge that there are people who love and appreciate you. You make us happy. You make our life better. Not just by raising us and providing for us. You make life better just by being you.

Love, Harmony, and Hugs.

Weaver.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't my daughter amazing. I love her and her brother with all my heart. I am truly blessed to have two wonderful kids like these two. BooBoo, you just gave me the strength to go forward some more, and the faith that all will be okay. I LOVE YOU. I hope that when you decide (in later years) to grace me with a grandbaby that your daughter or son is a beautiful as you and your brother are.......

    ReplyDelete