Monday, May 15, 2006

Blog-Wars

Weaver: Don't you just hate when two people fight, but don't actually do it with each other?

Voice: What do you mean?

Weaver: See, this is a common problem in school. One person does something to piss off the other person. The other person, instead of telling them, mentions it to someone else. The first person catches wind of it and tells someone else (maybe or maybe not the same person as before) what she thinks of that. And so it goes on. Maybe they'll even be civil to each other and pretend nothing's wrong in person, but they both know the truth.

Voice: Are you referring to this in conjunction with your life, or someone else's? I would never have pegged you for a behind-the-back fighter.

Weaver: Myself, but not exactly like that. See, in this case, the third person is blogs. You remember the two posts I made, Bubble World and Craziness I Never Expected? Well, one of them was in response to Becca's blog. Which I just finished reading the latest entry on. Which now has an entry in response to my entries. And of course, reading it makes me want to get my back up and respond again through mine.

Voice: Are you going to do so, then?

Weaver: Well, I really want to argue. But what's the point? That would just be furthering the whole frigging mess. I suppose it's my fault for writing instead of going up to her and talking about it, but I honestly wasn't trying to be aggressive. I wasn't even trying to diss her in any way. I just wanted to express an opinion, although not at the expense of someone else's.

Voice: How are you going to balance that, then?

Weaver: I'm going to address one or two things directly, for the sake of my own peace of mind and the rest of my readers', and leave the rest to fate. As in, actually talk about it. Hopefully. With her. So here I go.

Dragon's Voice said:
See bloggert, she seems to have convently forgotten that she invited me to a little movie fest she was having over the weekend. She invited me along on the night of the play(which was really awesome, thanks for askinh) . I'd been thinking about it, but tristian asked me in chem if i'd come along, and i thought, well, hey, the one person who might not have wanted me to come does, so yay. *insert happy moment here* .



Okay. So this is the main source of the blog war. Let me say first of all that I'm NOT TRYING TO ARGUE.

Voice: Although by nature, posting a rebuttal is arguing.

Weaver: Okay. Well, I guess there's nothing I can do about that. But I don't want to get into a huge thing with this, is what I'm trying to say. If this is not how it was remembered by all, then okay. I'll except that. I just want to say my feelings and those I had at the time. Especially since this whole mess is partially my fault for putting it in such a negative way.

Rewind to the night of the play. It was before the play or intermission. We were talking about the night before, when I'd told Tristan to watch Moulin Rouge, and he suggested that we see it together. Along with food and such. Which I argued with myself over the meaning of, before finally concluding that he had indeed asked me out.

So we mentioned this. I'm not sure who brought it up. Becca got immediately excited over the idea, which I admit was not presented as a date-style outing. Instead, she assumed it was a movie fest, and started talking about it as a 'we' thing. I was a bit disappointed, because I had assumed it to be a one-on-one thing, but Tristan seemed just as excited at the prospect, so I shut my mouth and shrugged. My thinking: if he didn't see it as a date, I was silly to have assumed it was. I was going to talk to her about it, but never got the chance and eventually talked myself out of it. It had obviously never been a date in the first place, and therefore I would be stupid to talk to her about it.

Also, she didn't interrupt the good-night kiss on purpose. She wasn't in the same room, and just happened to yell out at the wrong moment. I was vaguely irritated all in all, and again I probably shouldn't have put it in such a negative way.

Also. She didn't mention this, but Blair was also there. Why, you ask? Because like I said, Becca and I are in different bubbles these days, and I figured that if it was going to be a movie fest, we might as well have Blair there for a buffer.

Over the past 3 years or so, tristan has really changed. I dont mind spending time with him, and i know that hes flirted with me on a few occasions. In all my knowldge, i've never flirted with him. As i am accused of. Well, thats a little harsh on wording, but it seems approiate to my mood. Jeliously does starnge things to people. But whatever. I'm used to people saying stuff like that about me, even when their bf has moved and i've never seen them for 6 years or so. i'm used to being a scapegoat for others problems.


Okay. Next bit. I just read over my entry to be sure, and I'm pretty sure I never accused Becca of being the cause for any of my problems. I know she was in a pissy mood. I know it may have sounded a bit harsh what I said about her and the SK. I know that Becca never flirts on purpose. Neither do I, as far as I know. Arg. I don't really blame her for anything here, but I do kind of take offense at being lumped in with everyone who's ever judged her.

it really pisses me off that people say i dont know where their comming from. I mean, i wont know unless you tell me. But that doesn't mean you know where i'm comming from either. Assumptions are made, and so are labels. thats life. Its what happens.


No, I don't know where you're coming from. That's what I meant with the whole bubble thing. We are in different worlds. Yours isn't better than mine, and mine isn't better than yours. We just don't understand each other.

Voice: Now all you have to do is go and tell her that. Talk to each other, not to the world about each other.

Weaver: I'm going to try. Tomorrow. This is not good phone material. Ahhhh. This makes me sad in my heart.


The scene fades. The mists are a little thicker than usual.

Lah.

No comments:

Post a Comment