Sunday, February 05, 2006

Back To Reality

Weaver: Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, STUPID.
Voice: What is it now?
Weaver: Why oh why was I stupid enough to call him?
Voice: Ah. I see now. So the phone call didn't go as expected?
Weaver: I can't even say that it didn't go as expected. I suck at calling people, and I suck even more at talking to them on the phone. It was like
Weaver: Hey, is Jordan there?
Mr. Reurink:
Yeah, hold on.
Jordan: Hello?
Weaver: Hey... it's *Weaver*.
Jordan: Hey.
Weaver: So... I was just wondering if you still wanted to go to a movie on Wednesday...?
Jordan: Um... I won't know whether I can go until my mother gets here.
Weaver: *starts talking at same time as Jordan*
Weaver:
Sorry. What time should she be there?
Jordan: *almost at same time again* She should be here soon though.
Weaver: Oh... Okay.
Jordan: *something Weaver doesn't hear*
Weaver:
Sorry, pardon me? I have bad hearing... *grins ruefully at herself* And a headache.
Jordan: I said, I guess I'll talk to you later then.
Weaver: Bye...
Or something like that.

Weaver: That's about when I started whacking myself. It's just that I'm horrible at phones, impressions, and just plain interacting with people. I have no idea whether he thinks I'm an alcoholic freak sex fiend or whether I should call him again or just pray that he comes online so I don't have to make a fool of myself on the phone again. Or maybe he'll call me. That would be nice. I like getting phone calls, just not sending them. I feel bad because I want to talk to him, but... Arg. I don't know.
Voice: It's amazing how the most put-together, self-assured people can be reduced to such a mass of conflicting emotion, is it not?
Weaver: I know. I hate my life. I like other people's lives. If only because they're not happening to me. I can help others, talk to others, watch others... But when it comes to my own life I'm a mess. Especially where the other gender is concerned. I've had a shower now, and I feel slightly better about it... I figure I'll get dressed reaaally slowly and then figure out what to do next. Capische? Capische.
Voice: You know--

But MistWeaver had already disappeared in a flurry of agitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment