Monday, February 21, 2005

The Estrogen Attacks

Voice In The Mist: I've noticed that there's been longer and longer gaps between entries.
MistWeaver: You're right. I just haven't really had much time lately. But now I do, and I have much to say. Like for instance, I can say that I am freaking sick to death of estrogen, and females in general right now.
Voice In The Mist: Why's that?
MistWeaver: The same reason people generally get sick of something. Overload.
Voice In The Mist: Whaddaya mean, overload? It's not like you're the most popular cica on the planet. In fact, I seem to remember you as having few friends, most of which were guys.
MistWeaver: I do have few friends and they are guys. Except somehow in the past while I"ve picked up Blair and Amber and Tash and Tori and Alex and they're all in my TV room!
Voice In The Mist: What on Earth are they doing there?
MistWeaver: See, every once in a while the Group has a movie fest. They're usually randomly thrown together and very last minute. This time, Rebecca made us sit down and plan it out a few days beforehand. Since I have the biggest TV, the most movies and the coolest parents, it was decided that this gathering would be held at my house. A 24-hour long brain rot festival. 5 PM to 5 PM. I took advantage and invited Alex, whom I hadn't seen for ages. At Rebecca's urging, I also invited Ryan, who (unsurprisingly) couldn't make it. And now they're all in my TV room.
Voice: Why aren't you with them, then? After all, it's your party.
Weaver: Actually, it's Rebecca's party. It just happens to be at my house. And there is much drama associated with this party, in any case. Let me tell you the story...

Firstly, Rebecca came over after school on Friday for Girl's Night In. She stayed overnight, we had fun, she got picked up on Saturday. When her mother came to pick her up, Becs told me that she'd see me tomorrow and her mother interupted with a "Tomorrow! I'm not sure I want to drive you back out here tomorrow!". Becs had been afraid of this, but she'd asked her mother beforehand and her mother had said that it was fine (stupid crazy bitch). So that level of uncertainty was now thrown into the party. All the same, I went to bed, did more laundry, woke up and prepared for the upcoming people.

Now, I can see the wheels in your mind turning. Why didn't Becs just stay over the extra night and save two or three twenty-minute trips into the city?

The answer lies in her cat. Apparently, Zues can't go two full nights without her. Personally (and I know that when she reads this, she's going to go all defensive and list off the reasons why she's right) I think that she's, to put it bluntly, full of crap. Maybe she can't go two nights without her cat, but he seems to survive just fine without her, no matter what she says. Maybe she's just afraid of what her family will do to him. In any case, although I love Becs dearly, she tends to dramaticize.

Anyways, back to today.

Around 2, the calls started coming. First was Blair, wanting directions. I had been expecting this, so I gave her the directions and went back to the book I was reading. Then came Nat and Amber, wanting the same. I provided them the instructions and was just finishing up when guess who beeps in on the other line but Rebecca?

I had been expecting her to call for almost a day. It turned out that she was calling on behalf of Nat and Amber, who had been bugging her because they didn't want to have to call. I told her that I'd just hung up with the people in question, so she m

Uh oh. They're found me. I'll hopefully sneak away again later and continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment